BRYC prepares high-achieving, under-resourced high school students to enter, excel in, and graduate from college so they can become full participants in society.
BRYC aspires to provide its Fellows with the best college-preparatory resources money can buy — for free.
BRYC was founded in 2009 when Daniel Kahn, then a high school teacher, recognized that even his highest-achieving students lacked the resources they needed to realize college success.
A Decade of Persistence
In 2019-2020 BRYC will celebrate its 10-year anniversary and drive a campaign to ensure our next decade. At the center of that campaign is the word PERSISTENCE, underscoring that BRYC is about long-term success. Our 373 alumni, who represent nearly 60 colleges and live, work, and study in more than 20 states, remain in college at a rate of 86 percent. BRYC too has persisted: from a fledgling engine-that-could to a well-oiled operation of 18 staff members and 130 volunteers serving 250 youth across nine school districts. Ages nine and 10 are when nonprofits are likeliest to fold. BRYC is charging through its decade milestone, stronger than ever, preparing for continued expansion.
Promoting academic growth and beyond-class engagement, and helping Fellows enter and complete college.
Supporting Fellows in living their values, representing themselves effectively, and critically examining society.
Fostering a loving, vibrant, youth-led Community through which Fellows connect to valuable resources.
Program Support Team
- Lisa’s term on the board began 4/18 and shall continue until April 2021.
- Associate, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Nigel’s term on the board began 5/19 and shall continue until May 2022.
- Managing Director – Investments, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Kevin’s term on the board began 9/17 and shall continue until September 2020.
- Owner & President, Kracke Consulting
- Sarah’s term on the board began 10/15 and shall continue until October 2020.
- Treasury Sales Officer, JP Morgan Chase
- Mikki’s term on the board began 5/19 and shall continue until May 2022.
- Executive Director, Diversity and Inclusion / Director of Drug Policy, Office of Governor John Bel Edwards
- Chaunda’s term on the board began 5/19 and shall continue until May 2022.
- Owner, Noland Development, LLC
- Jay’s term on the board began 2/16 and shall continue until February 2022.
- Financial Advisor and Chief Compliance Officer, Dent Asset Management
- Zaheer’s term on the board began 11/18 and shall continue until November 2021.
- Linda’s term on the board began 4/18 and shall continue until April 2021.